It’s time to move further and achieve more than you ever thought was possible.
Determine in your heart and mind to reach your goal and move.
Sometimes if we stay where we are to preserve what we have, that’s a bigger failure in life.
The failure of missed opportunity and wasted time.
Are you happy where you are, have you succeeded in reaching your highest potential?
1 Corinthians 9: 26-27
“26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”
You need a goal and a plan to follow to get there. We aren’t meant to aimlessly run, but to set a goal and reach it and then set a new one as we run further toward our greatest potential.
On Wednesday morning at 6:00 am I’ll be posting a new workout video to the Flesh Tamers Fitness private group.
The workout is about 25 minutes long and it is called “Breastplate”.
It is a core and chest building routine with some leg strength built in to get the heart rate up.
The name comes from the fact that we must put on the breastplate of righteousness. In Ephesians 6 we are told to put on the full armor of God. ‘For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. ‘ Ephesians 6:12
This routine is part of the “Benchmarks” program in the Flesh Tamers App. But I am creating another 6-week program that I am calling “Equipping for Battle (The Full Armor)”. I hope you join that program after completing the first 6-week program “Taming the Flesh”.
We will be working out together on Wednesday morning at 6:00 am. Set a reminder and check back in on the private group page to watch and participate in the workout.
You can post any questions as a comment to that video post and I’ll answer them as quickly as possible.
If you have not signed up to be part of Flesh Tamers Fitness. Please schedule a call to get started.
To join the community group that goes along with this challenge, click this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/2646539562250346/ log into Facebook and the GROUP named “Flesh Tamers Fitness”. Click the Join button and I will have to approve you to join.
Taming the Flesh and Extending the Mission,
PS…..If you’ve already scheduled a call and are still needing to finish the monthly payment setup, you can do that by clicking here.
1. Chosen exercises are not realistic. Too many people grab exercise plans from the famous fitness influencer and follows it with bad results. Too often, those exercises are not realistic with your fitness level. It’s hard to stick to the plan when it’s not created for you, and it’s even a risk for injury when you are not sure about the exercises.
2. You’re doing the same thing repeatedly. Too many people do the same things every time year after year. Progress demands variation. Follow your plan for 6-8 weeks and change stimulus after that. It’s called periodization!
3. You’re skipping the warmup. Skipping warmup is just lazy. Research tells us that your performance will be better if you do a proper warmup and better performance means better results. Plus, skipping warmup is a risk for injury. It gets your neuromuscular system ready for the tough workout to come.
4. You’re going too fast. If you have been sitting on a sofa for years, you are not in a hurry. Aim for change where you gradually change your habits for the rest of your life and results will follow.
5. You let yourself get distracted. Focus on the game. Forget your phone and social media while you are training.
6. You neglect your diet. Gains need energy! You can’t exercise without fuel and, you will not recover without food. Use an App that tracks your workouts and sync to a calorie/nutrient tracking app. Then follow the plan.! I love Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
7. Not consulting anyone to Ask help! Friend, trainer, or just somebody from the gym staff.
I’ve made a few updates to the motivational and exercise videos for the Flesh Tamers Fitness App. The 6-week Taming the Flesh challenge is ready for everyone to use and start losing weight and building lean muscle mass while building our Spiritual gift of Self-Control.
And if you have set a goal to conquer your fear of running, the new 5K to Half-Marathon training program is being built and the first 9 weeks are ready for you to begin preparing for those fall runs you are singing up for.
Commit to try the app for 1 month and I guarantee you will see results that will convince you to finish out the final 2 weeks of the Challenge and beyond. I’ll be adding new programs regularly to help you achieve your next level goals beyond the base program.
It all depends on your fitness goals. In a nutshell: If the primary goal is to increase aerobic endurance or lose weight, then you should perform cardiovascular exercise first. If the primary goal is to increase muscular strength, then you should perform strength training first.
There are no hard and fast rules as to which method is more successful. For complete and total health, you need to add both aerobic and anaerobic exercises to your workout routine.
The main reason to do one before the other is your time and energy reserved for the next exercise. If you do cardio first and don’t have enough time to do your weight training, then you will miss out on the benefits of resistance training and the opposite is also true.
I will generally do a short 10 minute cardio warm-up each Monday, Wednesday and Friday before doing weight training. And on Tuesday, Thursday and on the weekend I’ll do a long cardio workout and a short 10 minute muscle group focus with weights.