Hey Everyone! As you know I am starting up a new venture called Flesh Tamers Fitness.
It is a Christ centered Fitness program mainly focused on men 35 – 45 years old. But anyone can be part of the program.
I’m targeting that group of men because that is where my journey to physical fitness began. And I know I can help busy men lose weight and build lean muscle, just like I did.
For those of you who have been following my blog and social media over the last six months, you know I have been slowly testing out different plans and building out my App. I’ll have some one-on-one clients (a small group) and some group sessions that meet once per week along with the App for guidance.
As a Thank You for all my friends I am giving you access to the Nutrition Plan that comes with my “6 Week Taming the Flesh Challenge”.
Click the link below to download the Nutrition Plan and please send me your feedback. I know there will be plenty of opinions on this one and it is my first try at it.
Full disclosure, this link will take you to a fancy automated system that I am also testing out. It will let you download the Nutrition Plan and will walk you through some steps based on options you choose. Send me feedback on that too, and I hope to talk to you soon.
For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:6-8 NASB
Taming the Flesh and extending the mission God has for you. #fleshtamers
1. Chosen exercises are not realistic. Too many people grab exercise plans from the famous fitness influencer and follows it with bad results. Too often, those exercises are not realistic with your fitness level. It’s hard to stick to the plan when it’s not created for you, and it’s even a risk for injury when you are not sure about the exercises.
2. You’re doing the same thing repeatedly. Too many people do the same things every time year after year. Progress demands variation. Follow your plan for 6-8 weeks and change stimulus after that. It’s called periodization!
3. You’re skipping the warmup. Skipping warmup is just lazy. Research tells us that your performance will be better if you do a proper warmup and better performance means better results. Plus, skipping warmup is a risk for injury. It gets your neuromuscular system ready for the tough workout to come.
4. You’re going too fast. If you have been sitting on a sofa for years, you are not in a hurry. Aim for change where you gradually change your habits for the rest of your life and results will follow.
5. You let yourself get distracted. Focus on the game. Forget your phone and social media while you are training.
6. You neglect your diet. Gains need energy! You can’t exercise without fuel and, you will not recover without food. Use an App that tracks your workouts and sync to a calorie/nutrient tracking app. Then follow the plan.! I love Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
7. Not consulting anyone to Ask help! Friend, trainer, or just somebody from the gym staff.
Whatever struggles you are facing, you don’t have to face it alone.
Our God is amazing. We may not understand His master plan, but He will never forsake us. Trust in Him to help you defeat the giants in your life. Then, don’t be surprised if the solution comes in an unexpected way.