On Wednesday morning at 6:00 am I’ll be posting a new workout video to the Flesh Tamers Fitness private group.
The workout is about 25 minutes long and it is called “Breastplate”.
It is a core and chest building routine with some leg strength built in to get the heart rate up.
The name comes from the fact that we must put on the breastplate of righteousness. In Ephesians 6 we are told to put on the full armor of God. ‘For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. ‘ Ephesians 6:12
This routine is part of the “Benchmarks” program in the Flesh Tamers App. But I am creating another 6-week program that I am calling “Equipping for Battle (The Full Armor)”. I hope you join that program after completing the first 6-week program “Taming the Flesh”.
We will be working out together on Wednesday morning at 6:00 am. Set a reminder and check back in on the private group page to watch and participate in the workout.
You can post any questions as a comment to that video post and I’ll answer them as quickly as possible.
If you have not signed up to be part of Flesh Tamers Fitness. Please schedule a call to get started.
To join the community group that goes along with this challenge, click this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/2646539562250346/ log into Facebook and the GROUP named “Flesh Tamers Fitness”. Click the Join button and I will have to approve you to join.
Taming the Flesh and Extending the Mission,
PS…..If you’ve already scheduled a call and are still needing to finish the monthly payment setup, you can do that by clicking here.
Hey Everyone! As you know I am starting up a new venture called Flesh Tamers Fitness.
It is a Christ centered Fitness program mainly focused on men 35 – 45 years old. But anyone can be part of the program.
I’m targeting that group of men because that is where my journey to physical fitness began. And I know I can help busy men lose weight and build lean muscle, just like I did.
For those of you who have been following my blog and social media over the last six months, you know I have been slowly testing out different plans and building out my App. I’ll have some one-on-one clients (a small group) and some group sessions that meet once per week along with the App for guidance.
As a Thank You for all my friends I am giving you access to the Nutrition Plan that comes with my “6 Week Taming the Flesh Challenge”.
Click the link below to download the Nutrition Plan and please send me your feedback. I know there will be plenty of opinions on this one and it is my first try at it.
Full disclosure, this link will take you to a fancy automated system that I am also testing out. It will let you download the Nutrition Plan and will walk you through some steps based on options you choose. Send me feedback on that too, and I hope to talk to you soon.
For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:6-8 NASB
Taming the Flesh and extending the mission God has for you. #fleshtamers
1. Chosen exercises are not realistic. Too many people grab exercise plans from the famous fitness influencer and follows it with bad results. Too often, those exercises are not realistic with your fitness level. It’s hard to stick to the plan when it’s not created for you, and it’s even a risk for injury when you are not sure about the exercises.
2. You’re doing the same thing repeatedly. Too many people do the same things every time year after year. Progress demands variation. Follow your plan for 6-8 weeks and change stimulus after that. It’s called periodization!
3. You’re skipping the warmup. Skipping warmup is just lazy. Research tells us that your performance will be better if you do a proper warmup and better performance means better results. Plus, skipping warmup is a risk for injury. It gets your neuromuscular system ready for the tough workout to come.
4. You’re going too fast. If you have been sitting on a sofa for years, you are not in a hurry. Aim for change where you gradually change your habits for the rest of your life and results will follow.
5. You let yourself get distracted. Focus on the game. Forget your phone and social media while you are training.
6. You neglect your diet. Gains need energy! You can’t exercise without fuel and, you will not recover without food. Use an App that tracks your workouts and sync to a calorie/nutrient tracking app. Then follow the plan.! I love Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
7. Not consulting anyone to Ask help! Friend, trainer, or just somebody from the gym staff.