It’s almost New Year’s resolution time. In an effort to help out my readers I have decided to put up a couple of weeks worth of exercises to help everyone get started.
These are basic exercises that will help you target all muscle groups throughout a week.
Each day is a new chance to tame the flesh.
Don’t cheat yourself. And don’t hurt yourself.
As you do each of these exercises, use only enough weight to barely finish the last repetition of the final set. This is debated among fitness gurus, but it worked for me starting out.
If your gym or home doesn’t have a needed machine or implement, do an exercise or body weight technique that targets the same muscle group.
- 5 minute jump rope or jumping jacks
- Side shoulder raises x10
- Pushups x10
- Band pull apart x10
- Dumbbell chest press 3 x 10 reps
- Incline Chest Press 3 x 10 reps
- Seated incline flies with dumbbells 3 x 10
- Seated incline curls with dumbbells 3 x 10
- Standing decline cable flies 3 x 10
- Standing cable curls 3 x 10
- Hanging knee ups 3 x 10
- Kettle Bell side bends 3 x 10
A new year and new exercise plan calls for the appropriate gear. Use my affiliate link below to buy your gear and support the blog.