In an effort to help out my readers I have decided to put up a couple of weeks worth of exercises to help everyone get started.
These are basic exercises that will help you target all muscle groups throughout a week.
Each day is a new chance to tame the flesh.
Don’t cheat yourself. And don’t hurt yourself.
As you do each of these exercises, use only enough weight to barely finish the last repetition of the final set. This is debated among fitness gurus, but it worked for me starting out.
If your gym or home doesn’t have a needed machine or implement, do an exercise or body weight technique that targets the same muscle group.
- 5 minute stair stepper or lunges
- Battle ropes
- Lat pull down 4 x 10
- Seated cable row 4 x 10
- Dumbbell single arm rows 3 x 10
- Dumbbell or Kettle Bell shrugs 4 x 15
- Cable lat extensions 4 x 10
- Center Planks 30 second interval x 3
- Side planks 30 second intervals x 3 per side